* Class converts CSV content to DB table
* @package Csv2Db
* @date 2005-08-08
- convert CSV files as table to database
- as flexible as possible
- easily and separately configured idealy by XML file
- PHP 5 needed
- Class DbControl needed - You can find it at www.phpclasses.org in archiv of Author Michal Palma
- Class Xml2Array needed - You can find it at www.phpclasses.org in archiv of Author Michal Palma
- Class Csv needed - You can find it at www.phpclasses.org in archiv of Author Michal Palma
- fulfil dependencies higher
- Check all includes in _preload.php
- configure database connection and other in config.xml in DbControl package for task csv2db. (Actual DbControl/config.xml does contain it, You must only reconfigure connection parameters)
- try "___case_of_use.php"
- if You want to parse big table, you will must specify higher "max_execution_time" for longer script run in Csv2Db/config.xml. This attributes are exclusive for concrete table.
*How to use it?
First you must create an instance of Csv2Db class with essential parameters.
- For example: $instance = new Csv2Db("test.csv", $separator = ";", $charset = "utf8", $useconfig = true).
Then you must only call $instance->dbWrite().
If there is some problem, library will throw standard PHP5 exception.
If not, You can call $instance->getRowsCount() for get how much rows did file contents.
Thanks to DbControl class you can use any from supported Database platforms (in v1.3: MySQL, MSSQL, ODBC). You can choose between them by change attributtes in DbControl/config.xml whithout any change of code.
All converting process is closed into transaction.
*Projected improvements on next versions
- performance optimalization
Some cases of use are defined in ___case_of_use.php.